CashStar, Inc. ("CashStar") recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided to us and to our clients through the use of our services and related websites (the "Sites"). We created the following policy guidelines with a fundamental respect for your right to privacy to guide our relationship with our users and consumers who use any of the websites, services, or applications owned or provided by CashStar, such as the Williams-Sonoma eGift Card service williams-sonoma-biz.cashstar.com (collectively or individually, "Consumers").
THE INFORMATION CASHSTAR COLLECTS
CashStar may collect information before or after you purchase an eGift Card, if you contact Customer Support, to fulfill your requests to participate in certain offers and promotions, or if you choose to tell a friend about our service.
- Consumer Provided Information: When you visit williams-sonoma-biz.cashstar.com, you may provide to CashStar what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, and home/mobile telephone number, etc.) if you purchase an eGift Card from or otherwise participate in services offered on the Sites. In addition, you may have the option of providing us with certain demographic information about yourself (such as age, gender, household compensation, interests, zip code, and state).
- "Cookies" Information: When you visit the Sites, we may send one or more cookies (a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer. CashStar uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to williams-sonoma-biz.cashstar.com. These persistent cookies can be removed, but each web browser is a little different. So, please review your browser's "Help" file to learn the correct way to modify your cookies setup. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
- "Automatically Collected" Information: When you use the Sites or open one of our HTML emails, we automatically record certain data using technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons," cookies (discussed above), IP addresses, unique "device IDs" (similar to IP addresses), and log files. "Automatically collected" data includes coupon printing and redemption activity, web browser type, the website that referred you to us, the web pages you viewed on the Sites, and the dates and times that you visited the Sites.
- Client Provided Information: When CashStar manages eGift Card promotions for a "Client" (a company or organization to which CashStar provides business services, such as Williams-Sonoma Inc), a unique identifier is shared with CashStar in order to process the eGift Card generation and redemption activity on behalf of that Client. CashStar does not receive any personally identifiable information from these unique identifiers, which are used solely to process the eGift Card promotion activity.
CashStar may also receive additional information from Facebook or other applications. You should review the privacy practices and settings of Facebook and other applications to understand the ways they will be using your data.
THE WAY CASHSTAR USES INFORMATION
CashStar uses the information that we collect to:
- operate, maintain, and provide to you all of the eGift Card services and promotional offerings found on the williams-sonoma-biz.cashstar.com site;
- notify you of major service updates or for customer service purposes; process and record eGift Card printing and redemption activity and monitor usage trends and preferences;
- improve the way the transactions work and look and create new features and functionality;
- monitor the effectiveness of marketing programs and improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- send you coupons, merchandise or other offers from clients which you have volunteered to receive;
- occasionally send you other information about CashStar, its clients, affiliates and business partners and their products and services. You may at any time choose to 'opt-in' or unsubscribe to this information.
WHEN CASHSTAR DISCLOSES INFORMATION
CashStar discloses "automatically collected" data (such as eGift Card print and redeem activity) to its Clients and third-party ad servers and advertisers. These third parties may match this data with information that they have previously collected about you under their own privacy policies, which you should consult on a regular basis.
We do not share "personally identifiable" information with other third-party organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your consent except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-out.
We may disclose Customer information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant.
We also reserve the right to disclose Customer information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Clients from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Sites; and to protect against fraudulent uses, the rights, property, or personal safety of CashStar, our Clients, or others.
You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
In some cases if you decline to share personal information on the williams-sonoma-biz.cashstar.com site, CashStar will not be able to provide certain services to you.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
CashStar uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. WE CANNOT, HOWEVER, ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO CASHSTAR, AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. We caution you about transmitting valuable bank or credit information in a public place (airports or cafes.) Whilst your credit card company or bank will typically use security protection, you should try to ensure that you are using a secure network.
Once we receive your transmission of information, CashStar makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
IN THE EVENT OF MERGER OR SALE
If CashStar is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Consumers as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
EFFECTIVE DATE, DATE LAST MODIFIED
CASHSTAR CONTACT INFORMATION
25 Pearl Street
Portland, ME 04101
We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days of its receipt.
As a part of our commitment to your privacy, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands support and adhere to the guidelines and practices adopted by the Direct Marketing Association's "Privacy Promise to American Consumers." We have agreed to (1) provide customers with notice of their ability to opt out of information rental, sale, or exchange with other marketers; (2) honor customers' requests not to share their contact information with other marketers; and (3) honor customers' requests not to receive mail, telephone, or other solicitations from Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands.
COLLECTING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
There may be times (such as when you purchase or order a product, subscribe to a service, register to receive catalogs, or to participate in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, etc.) when we ask you to provide certain contact information about yourself, such as your name, shipping/billing address, telephone number, email address, social media user name, credit card information, birth date, gender, occupation, personal interests, and other information. We may also maintain a record of your product purchases.
Whether or not to provide such information is completely your own choice. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to purchase products, or access certain services, offers and content on our web sites. In addition, we may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, entry, etc., even if you have opted to not receive marketing communications from us.
In general, you can visit many of our web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any contact information about yourself. We may track the Internet domain address from which people visit us, other electronic markers and identifiers and other information about our site and mobile app traffic. We may analyze this data for preferences, trends, site usage statistics and to recognize you. We may also receive usage data from your mobile phone or other device you use to access our web sites or our mobile applications, including location data, which we may also combine with other information.
USING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use your contact information for analytical and marketing purposes, such as:
- confirming and tracking your order, subscription, or registration;
- analyzing preferences, trends, and statistics;
- informing you of our new products, services, and offers; and
- providing you with other information from and about Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands.
We contact you only in ways compatible with your communication choices. To the extent necessary for such purposes, we take reasonable steps to make sure that your contact information is accurate, complete, current, and otherwise reliable.
From time to time we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are consistent with ours. These are known as our Select Partners. In such cases we might rent, exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including contact information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
To serve you better, we may combine information you give us online, in our stores or through our catalogs. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with our Select Partners and others, including providers of third party cookie and other third party browsing and use data. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize the shopping experience of you and others with us, and to recognize our customers so that we can communicate with you directly about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data analysis and management, promotional services, etc. We call them our Service Providers. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
In certain instances we may disclose your contact information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands or to others. We may also disclose your contact information when we believe the law or legal process requires it.
OPTING OUT OF MARKETING AND TRANSFERS; UPDATING AND DELETING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing from us or from our Select Partners, or if you would like to opt out of our rental or exchange of your information with other marketers, please let us know by contacting us at 1.800.541.1262 or by sending us an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, mailing address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you would like to update or correct your email address, mailing address or other contact information with us please contact us the same way. If you like, you may use one of the following statements in your message to us:
- I prefer not to receive email advertisements, such as updates regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to receive direct mail advertisements, such as periodic catalogs and mailings regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to have my contact information provided to third parties for their marketing purposes.
You may also click the designated link at the bottom of all email advertisements to be removed from future email updates.
Please note that any requests to remove or update your contact information may take up to ten days for your email request and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER PRIVACY
When we identify that your order is one that will be shipped internationally, we work with Borderfree to complete your order. On the checkout page, you will be required to submit credit card and contact information (name, billing address, shipping address, email address and phone number) to Borderfree to complete your order. Upon completion of your order, Borderfree will notify us of the approval of your order, and we will then ship approved orders to Borderfree. Simultaneously, Borderfree will purchase the product from us, which allows them to take title to the product(s), bill your credit card, collect and remit any duties and taxes to the appropriate taxing authority and arrange for the product to be delivered to you. In this process, Borderfree makes the sale to you as the merchant of record. When ordering a product, you will be presented with Borderfree's terms and conditions to which you must agree in order to receive the product(s) you ordered.
If you choose to provide Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands with your information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands adheres to the EU-US Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement, and is registered with the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Program.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard your information delivered to us electronically, our web sites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only we are able to decode your information. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web sites, and you do so at your own risk.
We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library or Internet cafe.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. Our web sites are general audience sites. We do not permit anyone under the age of 13 to register with us. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any contact information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the Internet.
California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publically posted on web sites or mobile applications by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that most of the user content that appears on our Site or Services is stored and controlled by third party providers; thus, complete and comprehensive removal of the content may not be possible.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Effective Date: June 11, 2015
Copyright 2015 Williams-Sonoma, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Williams-Sonoma®, Williams-Sonoma Home®, Pottery Barn®, pottery barn kids®, PBteen®, west elm®, Rejuvenation® and Mark and Graham® are each a registered trademark of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries (collectively "Williams-Sonoma, Inc.").
All of the materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips and writer and other materials that appear as part of this site (collectively, the "Contents") on this website is subject to copyright, trademark, service mark, trade dress and other intellectual property rights or licenses held by Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Your use of the trademarks, service marks, trade dress and copyrighted material displayed on this website is strictly prohibited.
You may not copy, download, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, transmit, distribute display, transfer, create derivative works from, sell or participate in the any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Contents, the site, or any related software.